We are all scheduled to ship out our first 2015 package tomorrow. PDF's will be up tomorrow. We will be printing the mailing labels today and stuffing everything into those lovely tyvek shipping envelopes and then, my firends, they will be zipping their merry way on to you!
While we are all patiently waiting for the GO so we can stalk our postal carriers here are a few practical informative things and then I'll tell you about our first contest.
1. The first thing is we have noticed over the years that sometimes these packeges take a long about route from the USPS sorting facility to you. It does not happen to all of them but it does happen to a few. We have filed a complaint with USPS about this and really have not heard anything back as to the why. We think it is becuase it is a bulk mailing and it overwhelms our little PO but that is just our opinion. We do have a new post master so we are hoping to get her imput this year if this happens again. In our experienc the packages to end up at your door they just take a wee longer to do so.
2. If this is your first year in the club the way to access your pdf's is here on the RSC site. See up in the left corner of the tool bar where it says RSC Home? The pdf's are there under 2015. If you are logged in then they will pop up and you can download, print, save and make notes in them. A s long as the sock club exist you will have access to the years you have been a member.
3. Logging in: You will need to log in to access your pdf's and to post or comment on the blog and to access the info in your account. Up in the Help section of the tool bar is the FAQS page with super helpful log in information. One of the most important pieces and is somehting that is a little confusing is that the RSC log-in is not the same as the log-in you rhave to the general Blue Moon site for purchasing yarn. So if you use your Blue Moon log-in you will get an error message. In our experience most of the log-in problems folks have is from using their Blue Moon log-in instead of the club one. As always any issue you have we are more thna happy to help with. Go to Contact in the tool bar and fire us off an email and we will do our best to help.
4. We had a lovely bumper sticker that was all set to be sent in this shipment. Unfortunately the printer made an error so we have sent it back to be redone and wil not get it back in time. Rather than hold up the shipment we will be sending it out in March.
5. Please read the dyer's notes, especially the ones in this first shipment. They include inforamtion like your discount code and other goodies that you need to know and also highlight your experience of the club.
6. These colorways are avialable to you only. After the shiipment goes out we will make it available to you on the Blue Moon website.
I am sure I have forgotten something that I wanted to let you know. Again you know where to find us.
Are you ready for our first contest?! I really look forward to this contest. So very many of you are talented in ways we don't all get to see and this contest gives us a chance to see one of those ways.
See that fun and lovely button on the right with the sock puppets in hats that says Notorious Sock KNitters 2014? Wel one of our very own designed that button for us all to use on our blogs and on Ravelry. Thank you again Bronwen!
Obviously we need another one for our Anniversary year 2015. I could have Jess or Cassie make one up for us but it is way more fun to see what our NSK's who are graphicly talented come up with.
Here are the paremeters"
1. It needs to have either NSK, Notorious Sock Knitters or Rockin' Sock Club on it somewhere.
2. It needs to have 2015 on it. It would be awesone if we could incorporate 10th Anniversary but I think that is too much on a small button.
3. It needs to be this size: 2"square. dpi at 350 a a jpeg (please)
Submitted to us at email@example.com by February 20th. Please put the Button in the subject line of the email. Thanks!
Team Blue Moon will then choose 4 for you to vote on here on the blog. We will post them on February 24th . Voting goes until Feb. 27th.
The button with the most votes will be our 2015 Anniversary button. The designer receives a 200.00 gift certificate. We'll use the button here on the blog, on your blogs and on Ravelry.
Okay I think that covers things for now. I am going to grab a cup of my fav brew and head out to the barn to help out.
Welcome back to all of you wonderful NSK's who keep signing up for our sock knitting mayhem and Welcome to all of you who are new Nororious Sock Knitters. We are a wonderful community of knitters!